Thursday, March 10, 2016

Kidlit Group Gallery Show

Update: Here's an article from Artscope Magazine about our show with a few quotes from me. 
........................................................

I'm currently in a group gallery show with 3 other talented children's book illustrators at the Hess Gallery in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts.

I have 9 book illustrations in the show. In the bottom photo you can see my son reading below my illustration with a quote by Neil Gaiman: "A book is a dream that you hold in your hands."

On March 9, we gathered for a conversation with students from Pine Manor College to discuss how we create our work and how we get work in the crowded field of illustration. It's always interesting to compare notes with fellow illustrators!

Each of us does very different work:

Priscilla Alpaugh Cotter works in watercolor and colored pencil
Wayne Geehan works in acrylics and oils
Toby Williams works with cut paper

The show is up until August 1, 2016. If you have a chance to check it out, let me know what you think!


No comments: