The second student is stressed out and has trouble concentrating.
The third student (below) has poor planning and time management skills. He has trouble following directions.
Attributes of student 3 include:
- Poor planning and time management skills
- Doesn’t use a planner (s/he says she can just remember things in her head or just find it online)
- S/he doesn’t even really know how to use a planner to begin with so s/he jettisons it
- Doesn’t know how to prioritize
- Doesn’t know how to make lists
- Doesn’t know how to break down tasks into manageable pieces
- Never learned how to effectively plan out long-term assignments
- Doesn’t know how to create an agenda and estimate time on task
- Poor self-monitoring
Engaging Minds is a learning and tutoring center in Massachusetts that helps students to enhance their academic engagement, and strengthen executive function and learning skills.